As of today, Monday April 6th, both the Federal governments Canada Emergency Response Benefit and Ontario Support for Families Portals are now open for applying to the various benefits being offered.
Ontario Support for Families
The latest news is the expansion of ages of children who caregivers can apply for direct funding.
Eligible parents will receive a one-time per child payment of:
- $200 for children aged 0 to 12
- $250 for children or youth aged 0 to 21 with special needs
Before you apply, please note:
- only one parent can apply for each child
- the parent who applies should have custody of the child
An important note: If you are a parent who is already receiving Support for Parents payments through direct deposit, you will be automatically eligible for this financial support and do not need to submit a new application.Support for Parents was financial support that was available to parents during education strikes.Ã‚Â
Canada Emergency Response Benefit
You can now apply for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit. To begin your application go to the CERB portal at https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/ei/cerb-application.html
The benefit will be available to workers:
- Residing in Canada, who are at least 15 years old;
- Who have stopped working because of COVID-19 and have not voluntarily quit their job or are eligible for EI regular or sickness benefits;
- Who had income of at least $5,000 in 2019 or in the 12 months prior to the date of their application; and
- Who are or expect to be without employment or self-employment income for at least 14 consecutive days in the initial four-week period. For subsequent benefit periods, they expect to have no employment or self-employment income.
The CERB provides $500 a week for up to 16 weeks.
Things are changing at a very fast pace with benefits and supports for families and individuals due to Covid19. This website will keep updating this website with links, and graphics to help explain what is available.