It’s hard to believe all the changes that have happened in our world in such a short time. It’s been 9 weeks since our children have been inside their schools. 8 weeks since March break for most kids, and we are working on our new normal at home. Or at least normal for now.
Since March 13th we have:
- connected parents and professionals connected together in our Special Education Pandemic Distance Learning Roundtable.
- compiled many recommendations and sent them to the Minister of Education.
- kicked off the Special Education Pandemic Distance Learning Survey (ends on May 15th 2020)
- had our first Special Education Check-In on April 28th
- had further recommendations to the Ministry of Education
I have talked with staff in the ministry, and they have read our letter, and have discussed many of our recommendations.
We had our first check-in at week 6 on April 28, 2020. And now I will be hosting them every two weeks. Join us on Tuesday May 12th, 2020 at 10am, for our next Special Education Check-in. I will be sharing some discussions I have had with Ministry of Education staff. We will continue to share stories, resources, and talk about any new recommendations that will help us all be able to better support our children during these times.
In advance of this, feel free to fill out this form with a quick survey of how you are doing, and any stories you’d like to share about your experience with homeschooling your child with accommodation needs during this pandemic. This survey will be ending May 15th, 2020.